profile

HI, I'M KIM.


archives

December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2008



Sunday, December 31, 2006 @ 6:40 pm
Flight

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

- T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

While everyone's getting ready for some huge countdown party or other, I'm stuck at home with nothing to do but worry about the prospects of the coming year (it really still hasn't hit me that it's 2007 tomorrow) and watch the special new year movie re-runs on channel 5.

It seems as if it was just a moment ago that I was thinking about 'the next hurdle' after my PSLE. Like I just counted which year I would take the 'O's and arrived at the conclusion - 2007.

My goodness (haha, I nearly wrote 'by jove'...)! It really hasnt hit me. Let me drum the reality into my head now. 2007! x2007 <- It's tiring to type '2007 '2007 times, and now's not the best time to get tired because it wouldn't make sense as I already am. And now I'm confusing myself so I shall shut up.

Anyway, US was cool! I loved Las Vegas! Viva Vegas, baby! It reminded me greatly of Doha, cos' it's a 'desert city' and was built out of nothing in the Mojave desert. LA wasn't as nice as I expected, actually. Only certain parts are really nice, and those parts are for like, those who have $$$ to spend. For example, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive and all that jazz? Most of the shops there are those high-end shops e.g. Prada & Chanel. Had some fun walking casually into those shops and pretending to browse, then walking out empty-handed.

San Francisco was cool, too! I love the trams, there was one evening when the people & driver in the tram started singing Christmas carols at the top of our voices and the passerbys (haha those losers who had to walk on the pavements and missing out on the fun) all looked at us enviously hohoho! (Oh, except for some scrooges who glared at us - or more specifically, the driver - with murderous expressions on the faces for stopping in the middle of the road and blocking everyone.) Not forgetting Disneyland, the rides were nothing short of F-U-N! Had a wonderful time screaming my lungs out with Yiwen/Yiwei/Nana and beating the boys' butts at Astro Blasters. :)

The shopping haul was really disappointing, I didn't even get a single David and Goliath item, which is sad cos' I really wanted one. Got a pair of Levi's for USD$25, though! And another pair of jeans... and a pair of pants... and presents... cough.

By the way, thanks Yiting, Yiwei, Yirong, Zhang, Cam, Aries, Bert, Kristyn, Carine, Tiara, Charlene, Yvonne, Charlotte, Hoi Guen, Cherylyn and Jess for your birthday/Christmas wishes! :) Plus some (unfortunately) unidentifiable numbers cos' I used a different phone and some of the numbers weren't there... but thanks to you guys anyway! ♥

Looking forward to spending another great year with everyone, and it still amazes me how time flies. I seem to harp on and on about that alot, I know. But don't you think it's confuzzling how time flies so fast? Seriously... 2007.

Okay now I should stop ranting about the future and focus on the past/present. Haha this reminds me of the ghosts of Christmas past/present/future. 2006... has been a very refreshing year. Thank you, for much needed catch-up sessions, for the ability to laugh, love, and live, for opportunities galore and encouragement, friends, family, (and fans), paper and ink, blessings and new experiences, fresh faces... and wonderful memories to last me a lifetime, no matter how short or long it may be.

Till next year, have a happy new year, friends!
Take care :)

With lots of new-year love,
Kimberly Loo (20) 3dg

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." - Anonymous